Our vision is a world with less wasteful packaging and we’re achieving it one customer at a time!
- C0²e reduction from less packaging
- The reduction of material waste from landfill & incineration
- Positive behaviour change – we help our customers consume more sustainably
- Less food waste – buy only what you need
- We always source organic products, where available
- We source products as seasonally as possible
- We always source fair trade products, where available
- All our meat & fish is either organic, wild or sustainably sourced
- We support artisan local producers to help keep money in our local economy, giving preference to social enterprises & cooperatives
- We work with our suppliers to develop reusable packaging “up” the supply chain as well as “down” to our customers
- We apply the principles of the waste hierarchy to all our operations: reduce, reuse and recycle
- We only sell non-air freighted products
- We plan efficiently to minimise our own transportation
- We are actively involved in the local community – from local street parties to supporting environmental campaigns & hosting local school trips to teach kids about waste & the environment
- We promote healthy eating; raw, whole, unprocessed ingredients that our customers can cook for themselves
- We sell a small amount of natural wines in glass bottles – wines from fantastic sustainable producers that simply couldn’t be sold bulk. We will be reusing these bottles for retail sales & working with our suppliers on a cork recycling project!
Unpackaged is a founder member of the BIG Foundation UK promoting ‘bulk’ to producers, retailers & consumers. We are inspired by and support Slow Food, NEF, Cradle to Cradle Design, The Transition Movement, Biomimicry, One Planet Living, Sustain’s 7 Principles of Sustainable Food & Diter Rams 10 Principles of Good Design.